You stumbled upon this review, probably after being invited by a friend to an ‘exciting event’ where you were introduced to World Ventures. Yeah, the word is often spread through seminars and meetings where team leaders present the offer on the table.
World Ventures – Scam or Legit Travel Agent?
Mike Azcue and Wayne Nugent formed World Ventures in 2005. Just like Paycation Travel, they use web scrapping software to search for travel deals all over internet, lock them inside their website and make you pay to monthly to view the deals. The company does not own any travel resources itself.
However, when you look at Paycation vs World Ventures you will realise that WV goes on further to to negotiate cheap group travel deals for its members. Members will have an opportunity to meet with others promoting World Ventures especially if the deal includes group tours.
Affiliates are compensated for referring others to join the travel club in order for them to get excess to travel deals. They also get a cut from the bookings made by their referrals.
World Ventures therefore searches for travel deals for you and also offers an ‘opportunity’ to recruit others. It is the latter, that often gives Multi-Level Marketing or Network Marketing a bad name…. WV is not an exception.
World Ventures Lawsuit.
Leigh and Steve were some of the top recruiters of WV. They sued WV after it had tried to get rid of them. Of course, to avoid dirty linen being washed in public ….. the issue was quickly settled out of court. The lawsuit raised a lot of eye brows and people had missed a lot of information that they were likely to get from a full trial in court.
World Ventures BBB Complaints.
There are many complains and counter accusations on every WV review on whether it is a good program or not. I will not dwell on those unsupported claims. BBB is the place where you get complaints which the company responded to ….. a confirmation that the complaint was real.
Advertising and Sales Issues (50). People complain that the program is over hyped and under deliver. Unfortunately, no company can control what their recruiters say especially during seminars and presentations.
Problems with Product or Service (142). They often realize that at times they can find better deals by themselves for free without the obligation to pay monthly bills. In other words, they have been easily caught in the hype. They then struggle to get their money refunded and find it difficult to terminate the auto billing.
You should be here sign.
The adverts that WV uses includes people holding the blue ‘You should be here sign’. It probably raises people’s expectations.
It seems as if most of the complaints were resolved and at least if everything fails you know where to report.
On the other end……
Of course, there are lots of praises from a few at the top whose prosperity is watered by the misery of others …. their downlines.
Dream Trips Life.
Offers WV members exclusive travel deals. Bookings become cheaper when purchased in bulk and there is often a discounted price based on volume. You must be a paid up member to get excess to these deals.
There are various levels with different benefits and entitlements.
- Dream Trips Gold (DTG) $249.98 plus $49.99 per month. You get an initial 200 travel points plus 600 TPs at the end of the year. They 600 points are valid for 1 year thereafter. You cannot make money through referrals.
- Dream Trips Platinum (DTP) – $399.98 plus $99.99 monthly.
You will use the points to get excess to travel deals and discounts.
Representative Business System (RBS).
This is the opportunity to earn money by recruiting others. You must pay an extra $33 plus $17 per month for you to start earning any money with World Ventures.
The system is such that, if you refer at least 4 paying members into which ever scheme you are promoting (DTG or DPT) ….. they will start paying for your total monthly bill. Yes, just recruit others into the program and let them do the leg work for you.
World Ventures Compensation Plan.
Now you have joined that Representative Business System how much will you get paid?
- If you refer a Dream Trips Platinum – $50 once off payment.
- 6 referrals will earn you a bonus of $250.
- Team Circle Bonus – $100 each time you have 3 members on both team legs.
- Extra points for each referral.
- As your downline increase, you will get weekly and monthly bonuses as you rise through the ranks. The ranks include Senior RBS, Director, Managing Directors, Regional Marketing Director and so forth. The amounts start from $2 000 up to $10 000. The bonuses are however capped according to set figures.
- The Regional Marketing Director and above levels, get lots of bonuses for bringing in many people into the program. Bonuses include car bonuses, fully sponsored Dream Trips, diamond rings and so forth.
What l did not like about World Ventures?
- It does not have its own travel deals. They just scout for deals and make you pay to view them.
- You must pay to get paid. For you to start earning any money as an affiliate you must become a paid up RBS. I pay you, to promote your service to others?
- Methods of recruitment are out dated. Gathering people in one place and giving them lectures is time consuming. Recruiting neighbours and friends into an MLM is one of the worst mistakes you can ever make.
- Recruiters ethics may be compromised. If one joins World Ventures for the sole purpose of making money and is not passionate about travel … the opportunity maybe over hyped.
- You need marketing experience. If you are seriously introverted and shy like me ….. you will not make a dimme.
What l liked about World Ventures?
- Can save you time. If you travel a lot, have some cash to spare and you are not aware of where to find travel deals, it can be convenient.
- The compensation plan is generous. If you are good at generating leads and converting them to customers, it can be life changing.
- Excellent travel discounts. Mainly when they order services in bulk and offer them to members.
- You can earn ‘semi-passive income’. Once you have for recruits paying your subscription, any amount you will make will be profit even if you are no longer actively promoting it.
Can you make money with World Ventures?
No opportunity to make money online is for everyone, so is with WV. You will need to master both online and offline marketing techniques in order to make sales.
I however, do not recommend any one new to marketing to join WV to recruit others. Recruiting only 4 people may sound like a piece of pie, but we know in reality …. It is a mammoth task. MLM turn over levels are very high, which means you may find yourself continually searching for replacements.
This opportunity is definitely not for me. Most of my Face Book friends are still to see the inside of an aircraft. I live in Sweden, ‘Prata inte Svenska’, that is why l work online so gathering people for presentations will not work.
So, is World Ventures a Scam?
It is not if;
If it brings deals in one place and you voluntarily pay to excess the deals. They honour their refund policy and pay back your money if you are not satisfied with the services.
The program is not overhyped and under delivers on promises. Recruiters stick to company policy when it comes to income disclosures and giving testimonials.
Recruiters are paid in full and on time.
The question is; Does World Ventures fulfil the above requirements?
Share your opinion and experience to help others make an informed choice. I have done my part.