Wealthy Affiliate Complaints.
After joining the community 3 years back, l have decided to give my honest opinion on Wealthy Affiliate Complaints posted on various forums. I am only gathering the complaints and putting them together in one place. I hope, anyone who wants to join Wealthy Affiliate can make a well informed decision after reading this article.
l will also add some complaints by current WA members. These are complaints inside the WA forum that are accessible to its members only.
Wealthy Affiliate Reviews Complaints.
There are some complaints against WA members who either intentionally or through ignorance give half backed reviews of this community. The truth is, WA has got more than 300 000 members and any of the members are free to publish reviews on Wealthy Affiliate University. Monitoring what each member writes about on their websites is impractical.
If there are such websites, feel free to report them in the commentary box below stating what you think is inappropriate or misleading information posted inside the review. I will check it out and if it’s true …. I will have the owners Kyle and Carson have a look at it.
Other Wealthy Affiliate University Complaints.
Premium membership trial is too short.
For starters, when you join the Wealthy Affiliate Community, you will have 7 days of no-barred excess to ALL Premium Membership training, tools, support and direct excess To Wealthy Affiliate founders Kyle and Carson.
l also felt the same when l joined. Unfortunately, this is the period that was proved by the founders to be sufficient for anyone to get a glimpse of what is inside the community. You must use this opportunity to your advantage and explore all the resources available inside Wealthy Affiliate University.
The intention is not for you to go through all the training in 7 days, but to help you decide whether to upgrade your membership or not. Otherwise, you will find the training overwhelming.
Unfortunately, most people join out of curiosity and will NOT even complete the profile set up process. Only to come back panicking after receiving warning that their trial period is about to expire.
If you need an extra 30 days to go through more training, you can do so by paying only $19.
Tip; Only join the University when you have sufficient time to fully utilize the 7-day Premium Membership trial period. Better still, the website is mobile friendly and you can check it out on the go.
Failure to get excess to your websites after quitting.
This is a common Wealthy Affiliate complaint on various forums. The truth is, there are MANY system changes when you upgrade your membership to Premium, making it impossible to downgrade your membership. The process is so complicated that according to Kyle, it expensive and cumbersome to reverse.
However, there is a 30-day grace period (on first default of payment) to wind up your operations. You can move your websites to another web-hosting provider. You can also use the grace period to look for finances which will enable you to renew your membership.
It is also a way of preventing affiliates who may want to constantly shift between the two membership levels.
Is Wealthy Affiliate worth the money?
Unfortunately, Wealthy Affiliate is difficult to compare with most programs because it has got unique features that you can hardly find with other affiliate marketing training programs. You will get the training, tools and support ALL in one place. Most training programs use third parties to provide essential services and tools for web-hosting, keyword research and so forth.
Let us look at other programs pricing (which l have reviewed) and compare it with what is offered inside Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership;
- Personal Blog. You will get your own personal blog on which you can share information with WA members and external visitors. The blogs are indexed by search engines and therefore they are sources of free traffic. There are limitations on what you can share on these blogs. Empower Network, charges $25 per month for a similar platform called The Blog Beast.
- Private Messaging. You can send personal messages to fellow members and even the founders. This is a unique feature as most platforms do not allow members to interact one-on-one without moderating the messages. Of course you can block any trolls or report them to the WA team. It is, unlikely to find trolls on paid platforms though. Owners of affiliate training programs such as Christopher Farrell will charge you $997 if you want to email them directly for support.
- Website Builder and Hosting for 25 domains. The free website builder creates websites in under a minute. You can choose your website look from hundreds of pre-loaded WP themes. One of the popular hosting platforms, Blue Host takes 24 hours for your website to go live. It charges $24.99 per month for hosting 5 websites. The only complaint is that Wealthy Affiliate websites’ C-Panels are not accessible to avoid newbies from ruining their websites. If you are experienced, you can use FTP programs to upload information onto your website.
- Website Backup, Security package and site health check. Load all your content onto your websites, you are covered. It will be automatically saved and stored in a safe place in case your website gets hacked. An up-to-date website security package insures that your websites content is safe. You can use the auto login feature, which generates difficult to replicate passwords. Your site health is constantly checked and feedback provided on time. This would cost you above $20 a month as an up-sell on other web-hosting platforms.
- Training. Materials are delivered in many formats. Live video classes. Tutorials. Live Webinars. Question and Answer sessions. After 3 years, l haven’t gone through even half of the training resources inside WA University. You will also have excess to one-on-one coaching by experienced affiliate marketers including Kyle and Carson’s team. Udemy offers 2-10 hour courses for $50 each, covering only a single topic.
- Keyword research tool. Yes, there is a keyword research tool on board. It also helps you analyse competition by pulling information from Google. You can save your searches for later use. You can also try out Jaaxy Keyword Tool for free, which is keyword tool owned by the University. You can get 30 free searches and pay only $19 per month if you upgrade your membership. There are some complaints that this is an up-sell yet it is optional and the keyword tool inside WA is sufficient to get you on Google’s first page. Other keyword tools cost as much as $200 per month.
You are the judge. Do you think WA’s $47 per month is worth it? Is there any other platform offering ALL the above in ONE PLACE and is CHEAPER than WA? I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions in the commentary box below.
Wealthy Affiliates Complaints.
Well, there are a few complaints inside Wealthy Affiliate forum. There isn’t much to complain about because if there is anything you are not happy with, you just tell the owners who are active inside the platform.
No program is perfect…
Quality of support from member. One of the complaints is that support from fellow affiliates can be inadequate or misleading. Unlike programs, Wealthy Affiliate does not separate new members from experienced members. l have observed that you can receive so many different answers for the same question from members.
It is true that you must always cross check the feedback that you get before implementation. The chat forum requires some experienced moderators to chip in when need arises.
Chat thread is not user friendly. Indeed, the thread pushes questions down pretty fast before they are answered. Members, who visit the forum to greet say ‘Hi’ and talk about the weather worsen the situation.
There is need for a complete overhaul of the chat thread which enables users to easily follow their questions and feedback before they are swallowed into a bottom less pit. You can only scroll down and view a limited number of old chats at any given time.
Some of the training is redundant. This is inevitable since WA is networked with other service providers. Changes on the dashboard of those service providers may take time to get to the WA training team. That is where the personal blogs come in as members post information about the changes. Weekly webinars constantly add fresh and up-to-date content to the platform. Updating ALL the information inside the community is almost impossible.
How to cancel Wealthy Affiliate membership? You must note that once you upgrade your membership, you will be automatically re-billed. People who do not read WA terms and conditions always end up complaining when money is deducted from their accounts. You can stop re-billing by visiting your profile’ account settings and cancel your membership. If you payed though PayPal, it is important to cancel the auto-payment facility just in case.
There are incidents when people are re-billed even though they have cancelled their accounts. You can send the owners of the community personal messages and get your problem sorted out.
Free Membership is not available in my country.
Yes, there are some countries from which you cannot create a Wealthy Affiliate free membership account. You will constantly get error messages such as ‘your account has already been created’ or ‘service is not available in your country‘. It used to be accessible from all countries until the founders made the decision to block certain countries from joining on free membership. I personally do not know why the countries where blocked and l do not not want to speculate.
Wealthy Affiliate Negative Reviews.
You are not likely to find any negative reviews about Wealthy Affiliate University. Even if you write a negative review, it is difficult to out rank the well trained affiliates’ websites on search engines. Besides, there isn’t much to complain about when you can join and tryout the program for free. Upgrading your membership is optional.
Not every affiliate program is for everyone. There are always some people who will make money even with the worst affiliate marketing scam online. Your success with Wealthy Affiliate depends on how well you put the training into ACTION. Since WA teaches you how to create a real and legit business online …. results are NOT guaranteed. l made my first affiliate sale after 3 months when l was about to throw in the towel.
Only scams guarantee you millions in …… days.
Wealthy Affiliate Free vs Premium Membership.
Do not feel discouraged. It is one of the top affiliate marketing training programs online to date. There are no UP-SELLS ever.
Share your opinion or experience with Wealthy Affiliate in the commentary box below? l have done my part. Meet you inside!