l love carrying out experiments to see what works. l am currently perfecting my ‘free manual keyword research tool‘ which exploits weaknesses l observed while using established tools (stay tuned).
At the moment l am also experimenting with various methods to rank on the first page of Google beside You Tube videos. l will be sharing results soonest.
Well, so l thought ‘can a new website (created Jan, 2016) without any back links rank on the first page of Google? So l bought a domain ‘Affiliate Laboratory.com‘. The website is a ‘big’ project in waiting which involves students trying out various ‘make money online programs, software and methods’ then write detailed reviews on successes or failures.
So, l only posted one keyword based post on ‘iPoll Apk‘ review. That is an app for a survey site. l am still to post my TOS and other important pages then leave it to marinate.
There are NO any other keyword focused pages or posts on the website, NO back links or even social signals. l even used a third party tool from Moz (see screen shot below) to confirm the statistics.
I was surprised to see it is now ranked on first page of Google. l just made sure my keywords are in the Url, title, description, alt tag of one of the images.
Although the keyword has a low search volume of 210, it is worth it if you can land on the first page for such a keyword. If you can get 5 such keywords per article, you will start seeing your traffic trickling in.
What l learned from this case study.
- Keyword research is key to getting ranked on Google or any other search engine. l am not taking of keyword stuffing of course.
- It is good to write ‘great content’ but without keywords it will be buried under the rubble of thin keyword based content.
- Links are still important if you want to beat your competition for high search volume keywords. Using a few keyword research hacks, you can find ‘low hanging fruits‘ that can propel you onto the first page of Uncle Google.
- l don’t think Google really ‘loves fresh content‘ that much. This is a website with only ONE article or post in months. Remember thousands of new (fresh) articles are posted on content syndicating websites such as Hubpages, Infobarrel …. yet they are hardly on the first page of Google….. DUH!
Some of the Google experiments are already bearing fruits. From 4000 visitors a month to 30 000 in 4 months. (See screen shot below).
Do you also want to try out a few suggested keywords?
- If you are struggling to get your website ranked on the first page of Google.
- You are NOT in the make money online niche.
- You need me to suggest a few keywords for an article with a potential to land you the first page of Google.
Just write a well thought comment about this article and enter your website URL in the commentary box below? Let’s see how it goes.
P/S NOTE : My suggested keywords are NOT in any way a guarantee that your website will be ranked on the first page of search engines for that article.