Matilda Jane Clothing Review
The company was founded by Denise DeMarchis, in 2005.The company boasts of being “unpredictable clothing company” which releases completely new styles twice a year. It later adopted the direct selling model through which their clothes are sold exclusively through a network of distributors called ‘Trunk Keepers’. You must be a resident of USA or Canada if you want to become a distributor. If you visit the website, you are prompted to enter your zip code in order to locate a Matilda Jane trunk keeper next to you.
After reviewing a women clothing based MLM company called Lularoe, one of the visitors to AvertScams asked me to look at Matilda jane trunk keeping business model. l really love companies that empower stay at home women. It enables them to earn income while they spend more time with their kids. Of course, only if the empowerment is done correctly.
Matilda Jane Style Clothing
The company produces clothing for dolls, girls, and women. The clothes are unique and are released to the market every spring and fall. This keeps everyone expectant of what is coming next which is great marketing technique if only you can live up to the hype.
To find Matilda Jane women’s clothing for sale, you need to visit the website and find a trunk keeper near you or check for distributors on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Lets, look at some of the clothing.
Matilda Jane Women’s Clothing
These includes floral dresses, skirts and stockings.
Baby Girl clothing
Girls floral dresses, pyjamas and stockings are part of the inventory. There are also satchels for school going children to go with the dresses. Head gear is also available such as hats and head bands.
How To Become A Trunk Keeper
You need to have a passion for the brand of clothes and help other women on how to select sizes. You will also offer advice on how to match their clothes since this is a unique brand which can not be easily combined with other styles. There is even complaints that Matilda Jane can not match family clothes itself.
You need to visit the website and fill an application form so that you can be considered for the opportunity. You will be contacted if you qualify and you will be informed of everything you need to know about being a trunk keeper.
You will also help customers create ‘wish list’ online if they cannot personally visit and select clothes.
What l liked about MJ
- Clothes are sold exclusively through trunk keepers, l find it grossly unfair that a company sells products through distributors yet it sells the same products through distributors.
- Lots of bonuses such as mugs and sleeping bags.
- Allows you to work in the comfort of your home.
- Clothes are made in America which does not only provide locals with jobs but is also a selling.
- Supports various charities including some in Africa.
- Recruitment is done in an orderly manner which reduces competition among distributors – compare this with most MLMs encourage you to turn customers into competitors.
- The clothes are durable and it is not surprising to find people searching for ‘used matilda jane clothing for sale’. Might indicate that the products are pricey when new.
- A new Matilda Jane platinum website will allow online ordering of clothes by distributors and will have filters when selecting clothes.
- You get ‘free’ products if you purchase the required merchandise or host a trunk show which produces $800+ sales.
What l Didn’t Like About MJ
- When you travel your business closes just like a brick and mortar offline shop. Unless you are doing this as a hobby, you need a business that runs on semi-auto pilot, is scalable and can be replicated.
- Matilda Jane clothing’s compensation plan or commission rates are not accessible on their website. l don’t know about you, but l do not want to spend time applying for an opportunity and only to find out that the rates are not enticing.
- Buying process is not well defined especially if you are using social platforms such as Facebook. One prospective customer complained on FB that;’So I have been trying to find someone to buy dresses from and not one person will contact me back‘
- Some material used to make the clothing is imported which can compromise quality as in the case of Lularoe.
- The colours are a bit too loud and people end up searching for plain Jane clothing.
Matilda Jane Platinum
This is where you find samples of new clothes still to be released. Looks like a place where MJ tests the popularity of products and get feedback before they are released to the public.
Most items are sold as soon as they are posted on the website.
ls Matilda Jane A Scam or Pyramid Scheme?
Admittedly this is one of the most organised companies which uses a direct selling business model to sell products. There are senior trunk keepers, but no one knows how you achieve the ranks, promotion is probably based on sales volume.
From the research l have carried out there is no evidence that MJ is a scam or a pyramid scheme. Profits, just like in affiliate marketing comes from markup on clothes and sale of various bonuses. l did not find any distributor desperately searching for women to recruit and earn money off their sales.
Hopefully there will be a trunk keeper who will be kind enough to share the tips on how to qualify, the commission rates and bonuses.
Remember, l never claim to be an ‘expert’ when l review make money online opportunities.
At times l only initiate the dialogue by writing reviews. NOT every opportunity that l review is a scam. l even gave an honest of the internet marketing training that l recommend.
Share you opinion or experience with Matilda Jane clothing in the commentary box below? l have done my part.
Matilda Jane Like Clothing
There are many people searching for clothes similar to MJ. l am not sure whether they are too pricey, there are no trunk keepers near them or they can’t find the patterns they are looking for.
Either way, since l am an Amazon Associate, l decided to search for ‘clothes similar to Matilda Jane‘ and listed them below. Note that MJ produces unique clothes from selected fabrics, read reviews before purchasing any of the listed clothing.
“AvertScams is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.avertscams.com. This does not imply that my program reviews are biased, FTC guidelines calls for such disclosures”