In this review of In Cruises l am going to look at what it is all about, how you earn money with InCruises and the compansation plan. l will conclude the review with what you must know before joining this new opportunity.
What is InCruise All About.
This is a new travel based MLM similar to Paycation. It was formed by Michael Hutchison whose MLM experience comes from his stint with an MLM called Neurs.
InCruises, was launched in May, 2016 even though the opportunity was already being hyped by affiliates as early as January, 2016. So it is not surprising to find a video such as the one below which does not even mention what the opportunity is and there is not even an affiliate link to join InCruise below the video.
The video was posted on 18 December, 2015 and has got only 365 views. Even Michael Hutchison titled Celebrating the launch of inCruises posted on Feb 8, 2016 has got only 270 views. If these statistics are to go by, the launch did not live up to expectations.
You earn money by in a number of way that l will discuss later in the review. The boat cruises are heavily discounted due to bulk booking by the company.
The customer membership will cost you $100 per month which is doubled and saved as travel dollars. You can then use the travel dollars to pay for cruises. You can also join as a partner which requires a $195 activation fee and $95 annual renewal fee.
This is the business model that l believe in and help you promote ANY product online without bothering your loved ones. Better still, it is 100% free to get started.
Is InCruise Any Good?
- You can only join the opportunity if you have a sponsor or referrer which is plausible as it rewards affiliates’ recruitment efforts. It is by invitation only. When l visited the website and tried to join the travel MLM, l received an error massage saying ‘Sorry, but that e-mail address has not be invited to InCruises‘. Affiliates are rewarded for their efforts as any attempt to jump the gun and register behind your referrer’s back is not possible.
- They gather discounted cruising deals from around the web in one place.
- Bulk booking ensures that affiliates enjoy heavily discounted cruises.
- The travel industry is an ever expanding industry with lots of opportunities.
- It is relatively new and therefore there is an opportunity to be at the top of the ‘pyramid structured’ compensation plan that is if it lives up to the hype.
- There are still few negative Incruise reviews which can put off potential recruits, making it almost impossible to recruit new members.
- The 30 money back guarantee ensures that one can get their money back if they find out that the opportunity is not for them.
- Separation of customer package and that of partners or affiliates ensures that not everyone is counted as an affiliate even if they are not interested in the opportunity. This will in the end reduce the often inflated MLM affiliate failure rate while improving income disclosure statistics.
Is InCruise Worth It?
- Traffic to InCruise website is on a downward spiral *see screen shot below, which is not healthy for an MLM where recruitment and numbers is the name of the game. Either affiliates are leaving in droves as the hype wore off. At this rate, traffic will hit bottom low by September. Just to put things into perspective, Avert Scams receives 50k visitors a month. In any case, when you hit the referrals tab you realize that most of the traffic is from a website called Trafficadbar.com an ad exchange platform on which people are paid to senselessly view websites even if they are not in their language…. lol. Traffic to Traffic Ad Bar is from regions where putting food on the table is the highest priority than booking a cruise. You guessed it, the traffic is crap, dog doo at its worst.
- The program is over hyped without any tangible promises; exclusive membership, revolutionized the travel and cruise industry, hottest business opportunity, total game-changer …. blah.. blah.
- Affiliate false claims ‘some will cruise absolutely free while others will be paid as they go on amazing holiday’. Free cruises where only being offered during the launch period and no-one is paid just because they are on holiday. This what gives MLM a bad name as people join the MLM for the wrong reasons.
- It is only beneficial if you have the time and money to spend cruising on a regular bases.
- The niche is too narrow as you need to target people with the passion, time and money to cruise. This will require exceptional marketing skills other than network marketing which is recommended by Hutchison.
- It requires people who are already well established in the travel industry who can easily include cruising in travel packages.
- Just like most MLMs, if you are a Newbie to internet marketing your success depends on the team that you join. If you join the wrong team you are doomed to fail and so are the people who join your down-line. Remember, you only need to pay the Partner fees to start recruiting even if you haven’t sold a single cruise to a real customer.
- New MLMs often encounter teething problems with running websites, payment processors or provides a list of lame excuses for not paying affiliates.
- Group travels while they are cheap, they can be a threat to privacy as you are forced to meet other affiliates when cruising. This can be good to share ideas with other affiliates but can be a pain if you want privacy and quality family time.
- InCruises’ compensation plan and income disclosure pages are difficult to identify from the website. This is a basic requirement by FTC if one is promoting an MLM based business. The amount of commissions earned by the lowest and highest paid affiliate must be disclosed including the time it takes to earn such amounts.
InCruises Products and Services.
- Replicated websites to sell your bookings and recruit new affiliates.
- Network marketing promotional products such as pamphlets.
- Email address, auto-responders and affiliate link tracking.
- Live webinars and recorded training.
The InCruises Compensation Plan.
1- You will earn 33% off your first 3 downline’s subscriptions. You will earn more if you surpass the target.
2- Kick Start Coaching Bonus- paid if you successfully train your recruits and they also manage to recruit new members within their first month.
3 – Residual Income of $10 per month is paid if you have at least 5 paid up members below you. This will have the effect of cancelling out your $100 monthly fee when your active down-line consist of at least 10 members. Talk of ‘free cruises’.
4- Team Residual Income of $5 is paid from your direct recruits’ down-line and it runs 5 levels deep.
5. There are many other cash bonuses including a car bonus ranging from $500 up to $30 000. You will also earn 3% from company revenue raised in the preceding month.
There are 8 Compensation levels starting from Marketing Manager if you earn $5000 per month in commissions up to Executive Director earning $500,000 per month.
These are just figures on paper if the amount of traffic to the website is accurate. Imagine how many newbies you must recruit for you to earn half a million per month? Even if the current 32 606 website visitors joined InCruises.com under one affiliate and they all paid the recruiter $100 per month. That will gives us $326 606.
InCruises Refund Policy.
There is a 30 day refund period on all purchases.
Is InCruises a Scam or Pyramid Scheme?
Well, this is a new travel MLM opportunity and no one has yet complained that they were in any way scammed. If the company honors its refund policy, publishes an honest income disclosure and pays affiliates in full and on time then it passes the test for now.
The company needs to balance cruise sales to affiliates with those made to external customers. If sales to affiliates are more than the latter, it can be labeled a pyramid scheme and get prosecuted. Even though the compensation plan resembles a pyramid, InCruises can not be said to be a pyramid scheme.
Is A Travel Based MLM Worth Joining?
Wrapping it up, let me list a few challenges with this cruise based MLM. The niche is too competitive. Yes, there are too many established travel based MLMs and authority sites such as Trip Advisor which you need to beat. Commissions in the travel industry are very low and may not be adequate to cover for monthly payments which in-turn forces affiliates to concentrate on recruitment. The companies often get a cut from all the bookings they make for members which means you are also their reliable customer. There is rarely any disclosure on how much discount you are going to get from cruises to justify the monthly payments before you join. The so called travel deals are often offers which anyone can access if they exercise their due diligence in searching for discounts.
What if you can get free training, marketing tools and support as you build your own travel website? You can promote any free travel affiliate programs and earn 100% commissions without the burden of recruiting or monthly billing.
Share your is opinion about or experience with InCruises in the commentary box below? l have done my part.