How to make money in South Africa
There are a million ways to make money in South Africa. Unfortunately, there is no way you can try out all the methods during a single life time. You only need to learn and focus on some of the ways.
Due to the weakening rand against major currencies, there is need to find ways to making extra money in South Africa. You need extra money to supplement income. If you choose the correct method, you can even replace your day job or will never look for a job in South Africa if you don't have one already.
l will only suggest two methods that l have experince with and they are 100% free to get started.
Work from home jobs in South Africa.
From my research, l understand that such jobs and opportunities have been banned by authorities. The reason being that most of them were scams. l am not talking of legitimate work from home jobs for example when an employer gives you an option to do so.
I am talking of adverts on how you can earn money from home staffing envelops, doing data entry or typing jobs and so forth. Either, you are told to deposit an amount starting from as little as 100 Rands into an account as a processing fee or to for training. Once you pay the amount, the opportunity vanishes into thin air.
How to make money online in South Africa.
As l said before, the best way to cushion yourself from the weakening Rand is to earn money online. This will ensure that you are paid in United States dollars, Euro or even the strong British pound.
Better still, you can join well established online companies and make money online as long as you have some skills needed out there. I discussed in one of the posts on ways you can make money online doing data entry jobs even if you live in South Africa.
How to make money in South Africa online for free.
The methods l am going to suggest are 100% free to get started. Paying for further training and resources is optional. The first method is suitable for anyone one with skills ranging from basic computer skills such as data entry, to more sophisticated skills such as designing.
The first company that l discussed in detail here, is called Upwork. It came up when freelance giants Elance and Odesk merged. There are millions of affiliates working and money online using this website. l used it before and was making £200 per month.
Unfortunately, due to the joining of the two companies, you can hardly land any job if you do not have documented experience and reviews from clients. It is 100 % free to join. They only deduct a commission from your payments …. Not bad Huh?
The method l am going to focus on is on how you can make money online in South Africa using affiliate marketing.
What is an affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways for businesses and merchants to promote their products. They recruit people who help them in marketing their products and pay them a commission. I am talking of big companies such as Amazon, Click Bank and others. Almost every other company selling products online has an affiliate marketing program.
At the same time, affiliate marketing is a great way for anybody to start a home-based business in South Africa. You only need a way to drive traffic (potential customers) to the merchant’s website using special or your unique links that identify you as the source of traffic. If people you send buy products or perform the required action…. You get your commission.
It is that stupid simple.
Why l love affiliate marketing?
- You don't need to own the products. Yes, it is great if you can sell your own product but you can get started with affiliate marketing in South Africa even if you do not own any products.
- No client support. The owner of the product handles the payments, shipping and customer queries. You are only there to receive your commission into your account.
- Can be paid without a sell. There is what is called Cost Per Action (CPA) whereby you are paid if the people that you send to the merchant complete actions such as completing forms or joining an email list. Even if they do not purchase any product. Sounds good … Huh?
- Semi-passive. Thousands of people visit my websites every month even when l am asleep. If they buy any affiliate products, l get paid. l however need to add more valuable content to my websites which helps visitors in making informed decisions.
- You are paid according to effort. The more people you send to the merchant, the more you earn. In 9am – 5pm jobs the salary is mostly fixed and any extra effort is not rewarded save for a few commissions especially in sales. It is easily scalable.
- You are your own boss. You can from work at home or even when you are sitting on the beach front restaurant in Durban sipping your Roibos.
- With a little research you can get started for free, without any initial investment.
So why not join affiliate marketing in South Africa?
Well, there are many challenges in getting started with affiliate marketing. They are not peculiar to South Africa.
- There are too many affiliate scams. Yes, if you want ways to make money fast in South Africa, you are likely to get scammed. Get rich quick schemes will leave your account dry.
- Looking South African based affiliate marketing programs. There is nothing wrong with this but it limits your choices. Common’, it is online so where you live doesn’t matter. l stay, Stockholm, Sweden but l am reaching out to people as far as Cape Town.
- It is difficult to make money with affiliate marketing. True, like any legitimate business you reap what you sow. You will need to have passion, patience and the ability to persist. It takes time to build a legitimate business even using brick and mortar.
- Joining too many programs. I am guilty of this. I joined thousands of affiliate programs most of which l did not even bother completing the sign up process. Chase two rabbits and you will catch none… remember the African proverb.
- It can be expensive. Depending on the route you take, you will need web-hosting, training and support. Searching for free information online can be frustrating and only answer half the questions.
Get started with affiliate marketing in South Africa for free?
In life there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Life is too short to spend it searching for what others have already discovered. With little research, l found out that there are quite a number of South Africans making money on line inside the community that teaches how to get started with affiliate marketing for free.
As you can see from the diagram below, South Africa has more than 3,6 % of the current 508 548 members inside this community. That is a total of 18 307 active South African affiliate members making money with this program. So, l thought to myself …. Why not tell other South Africans about this community.
Why is it that South Africans love this affiliate training program?
- It is free to join and get started. When l say it’s free, l mean even if you don’t have a bank account with ABSA, Standard Bank, Nedback or any other bank you can join. You only need a functional email account. If you earn any money you can get a cheque send to you depending on the affiliate programs that you latter join.
- Free affiliate marketing training. Yes, you will go through a free affiliate marketing for beginners’ course which will teach you the A-Z of affiliate marketing. Even if today was the first day to hear the word ‘affiliate’, no worries …. As long as you are willing to learn.
- Essential tools are in one place. You will learn how to create affiliate websites, get excess to a website builder and hosting for your first two free websites.
- You have support from half a million members. No question goes unanswered even if you get stuck at 1 am. You will be able to meet fellow South Africans inside a spam free environment.
Bonus: For a limited time, if you join this program on Free Membership using links on this website;
- l will show you how to get started inside the community. If you are serious about making money on-line you must complete of your profile set up and getting started with you training.
- If you need any support l will be there to assist you and offer you 1 on 1 coaching.
- Here is the mother of ALL bonuses…. For the first 7 days after joining, you will be able to test drive ALL Premium Membership tools inside the community.
- The owners of the program, Kyle and Carson will be also available to assist you during the first 7 days ….. WA is the only community were founders are active inside the community.
Unfortunately, if you do not use any link on this website to join Wealthy Affiliate …. I wish you ALL the best because l may not be able to hook up with you among half a million affiliates.
Well, l have done my part. Do not take my word for it. Try it for yourself and come back to tell others about your experience.