l was invited to join Empowr inside one of the websites where people can advertise MLM opportunities and get leads for free. Of course that is where l find programs to review some of which are still in the pre-launch phase. Memories of the first make money online opportunity that screwed me big time aka Empower Network came to my mind. I don’t regret it though because it led to the creation of Avert Scams.
What is Empowr?
It is a social community combining activities that you would ordinarily find inside stand alone websites such as FB, Pintrest, Google Communities or Traffic Exchange sites. It promises to give its citizens (subscribers) 97% of the profits made inside the community. It was formed by former owners of the famous ‘Fanbox experiment’ which now redirects people to Empowr website. Let’s hope they learned some lessons from weaknesses of Fanbox.
Once you join, you watch videos on how it works and you are assigned a success coach to help you succeed. The success coaches call themselves ‘volunteers’ although helping others is listed as one of the way of making money inside the community.
Its motto: ‘To empower people by enabling opportunity, hope and influence’.
How Empowr Works?
- You can promote your own products and services to the community.
- Buy products being advertised by other community members.
- You can use it for blogging on any topic within Emporw’s Terms and Conditions.
- Send personal messages to members and make your offers.
- There are also videos to watch and music to listen to.
- There are opportunities to network with others.
- Become a success coach and help others succeed.
- Sponsoring – Help others sell their products and earn a commission.
- Share content then get paid for views and according to posting frequency, quality of posts.
What l liked about Empowr.
- It Empowers its citizen to earn a share of the profits generated say from advertisements.
- There are many ways to make money with Empowr.
- Training on how the program functions is provided for free.
- You can get started for free before you commit yourself.
- Success coaches will assist you with direct support and tips on how to earn more money.
- It is an established business with years in the industry since the era of Fanbox.
- You can use the same social time you waste commenting on cat memes on other platforms to earn some income.
- Purchasing of products is not mandatory as in most MLMs.
- The opportunity is available world over.
- There is real money generated from advertising to outside clients.
- It channels some profits to good cause by supporting charities.
- It uses your location to hook you up with people around you in real life.
- The website interface is quiet intuitive and status updates are in real time.
What l didn’t like about Empowr?
As always, before l visit any website l use Similar web to check for information that no-one can lie about. After checking all the other essential metrics, l was curious to know the main sources of traffic to the website. PayPal and Fan Box caught my eye.
Now, how can PayPal send so much traffic to Empowr? The answers is obvious, when you make payments using PayPal you are redirected back to the website from which the payment was initiated. Now, l knew that what ever is happening inside this community there are a lot of payments by members to Empowr.
- Success depends on how helpful your success coach is which is the major weakness of most MLMs – you join the wrong team you are doomed.
- When you incentivize the sharing of content, it removes the social aspect of the platform as people perform tasks to increase potential earnings.
- The website directs most of your activities for instance ‘
You did it! Now click right to build trust with someone else..
- How much you can potentially earn and by engaging in which activities is not clear.
- PayPal account is debited when ever you engage in activities that cost more than your credit balance which may significantly reduce your earnings. (Choose the option to pay for expenses during cash out).
- Your payments are instant yet it takes almost 3 months for you to cash out the money. So l will get my my $20 after Christmas – talk of providing ‘hope’ that one day you will cash out.
- It will take some time before you can receive regular payments.
- Just like other social platforms, if you don’t exercise due diligence when signing up, invitations will be automatically send to ALL people on your email list by clicking on the wrong icon.
- Some ways to earn money are a bit confusing, for example you need to spend money to increase your power level so that you have more ‘potential’ to earn more money. This implies that you can run a loss.
- You can join the community using fake details which puts citizens at risk.
- There are complaints by people who got hooked up inside Empowr and were latter scammed. l hope it will not become a hunting ground for evil people.
- Lots of misleading statements;
You can advertise for free and pay latter means you will pay double and you will earn less from your activities.
You get free ad credits – they are only free when you don’t use them.
Emporw Training and Tools.
- There is a free learning center inside the community for new members.
- Training videos will show you how the system works.
The videos are clear and in bit sizes which are easy to consume.
Empowr Mobile App
Is an android based application on Google Play which allows you to perform simple tasks on the go.
Emporw Compensation Plan.
It has six power levels with sub power levels. Each power levels has got sub-power levels namely Basic, First Degree, Second Degree, and Star. Just like in any MLM, the high you are up the pyramid the more you will earn. You can pay to get to the next level. They improve your earnings through a multiplier effect on earnings.
Surge Earnings – when many advertisers buy ads at once leading to a sharp increase in revenue.
How does Emporw Make Money?
- It charges transaction fees on sales.
- From advertisers including its own citizens.
- Citizens pay subscriptions.
- 2.9% Ad platform fee paid monthly.
Is Emporw a Scam, Pyramid Scheme or Legit Program?
Well, there are a few issues with unexplained PayPal deductions and challenges with cashing out money. If this is intentional, then one can safely label it a scam. However, if it is operating and sticking to its TOS then it is a legit program. You can not call the program a pyramid scheme although the compensation plan rewards people who are high up the ladder. There is however some resemblance of other legit social platforms on which people pay to advertise. The concept is also similar to traffic exchange programs in which people are paid to view and click on advertisements. l hope it is NOT another Fanbox experiment.
If such a program collapses, you are left with levels, points, ad credits and trust while your ‘real’ money was siphoned from your PayPal account — just thinking aloud. If there is democracy, please let me cash out any money that l earned when ever l want. Unfortunately, spending hours transfixed on a computer everyday sharing cat memes is not the best business model when you want to create wealth online.
Share your opinion or experience with Empowr with others in the commentary box below? l have initiated the dialogue.