You were probably invited to a Doves Chocolate Discoveries chocolate party by a friend and you are wondering what is it all about.
Dove Chocolate Discoveries Review
Doves Chocolate Discoveries is a chocolate based MLM. It was formed in 2007 and the main offices are in Mt. Arlington, United States of America.
It is affiliated with Direct Selling Association (DSA), an organisation formed by Multi-level Marketing and Network Marketing companies to represent them. We know how MLM can pick on product ranging from Books, Coffee, Oxygen and now it’s chocolate.
Once you become a Chocolatier, you earn commissions from direct sales of the products and for recruiting others to become distributors.
What is Good About DCD?
• Great opportunity to earn while enjoy your chocolate.
• Lots of discounts and chocolate gifts.
• The company’s support is quite responsive and l got feedback within the stipulated time.
• Provides training and marketing materials after joining. Utensils for making various recipes are also provided.
• You get product samples to give away to potential customers.
• If you are good at recruiting, you will get team bonuses and sponsored holiday trips.
• Opportunity to win lots of free prices every month.
• It is a member of Direct Selling Association (DSA), which has great experience in guiding MLM and NWM companies on how to operate their businesses ethically and within the confines of the law. They are not a regulating authority though.
• You can get highly targeted leads from the company, for example when you want to purchase chocolate from Doves Discoveries online you are redirected to a local Chocolatier’s website after entering a Zip code.
• You can make a decent amount of money through retailing chocolates without recruiting new members.
• Bonuses are awarded for personal sales volumes of products to real consumers rather than on number of people recruited.
What l Didn’t Like About DCD?
• Just like most MLM companies that emphasize on network marketing you will have to invest in hosting parties and seminars which can be costly.
• Setting up appointments and calling prospects can be easily get you burn out.
• Premium or high end chocolates are not a basic needs and earning commissions through direct sales can be challenging.
• There are cheap alternatives on websites such as Trader Joes or Amazon which increases competition substantially.
• Due to difficulties experienced in selling chocolates directly to customers, this may force affiliate to concentrate on recruiting. This can easily turn a legit MLM into a pyramid scheme.
• It is not entirely an opportunity that allows you to work in the comfort of your home as you constantly need to go out and meet prospects.
• Geographical limitations will see too many competitors or distributors located in one place.
• It is difficult to find an objective review of the company as most of comments are from affiliates or Chocolatiers.
• Keeping chocolate products fresh during summer can be a daunting task.
• It is a highly targeted niche market which substantially reduces potential customers and recruits.
DCD Starter Kits.
Standard Business Starter Kit
Cost between $115 or $159. The kits are valued at $200 and $300 respectively if you sell the products.
Products invariably include:
1½ Pounds of Milk Chocolate
½ Pound of Dark Chocolate
2 Chocolate Mousse Packets
1 Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix
1 Chocolate Martini Mix Bottle
6 Chai Tea Packets
2 Frosty White Smoothie Mix Packets
2 White Chocolate Raspberry Daiquiri Mix Packets
1 White Chocolate Meyer Lemon Baking Mix
1 Box Milk Chocolate-Covered Cinnamon Almonds
1 Box Dark Chocolate-Covered Fruit Collection
1 Sweet’N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
1 Sweet’N’Smoky Chocolate BBQ Sauce
1 Welcome Pack
100 Tasting Party Invitations
25 Recruiting Brochures
50 Order Forms
Master Chocolatier Kit.
It will cost you $449 and has a retail value of $800.
Doves Chocolate Discoveries Compensation Plan.
You earn between 25-40% on direct sales depending on your personal sales volume.
3-5% on commissionable sales by your down-line or recruits.
Team Leader – Minimum $250 DCD chocolate prurchases per month and 3 active members in you down-line. You can earn team bonuses.
Party Hosting Commission.
It is based on value of products sold;
$200 – $350 = 10% hosting commission.
$350 – $499 = 10% plus half price on two selected products.
$500 – $749 = 15% plus half price on three selected products.
$1 000 plus = 20% plus half price on for selected products.
Doves Chocolate Discoveries Products.
• Dove peppermint bark.
• Dove white chocolate.
• Dove dark chocolate.
Health and Wellness
Ready to Eat Treats
Baking and Dessert Mixes
Tools of the Trade
Doves Chocolate Discoveries a Scam or Pyramid Scheme?
There are no complaints of people having scammed by DCD. Looks like the company is paying its distributors in full and on time. There is a very thin line between MLM and Pyramid Schemes. An MLM company according to FTC which sells more than 50% of its products to affiliates is a pyramid scheme. Without any robust methods of ensuring that this balance is maintained such as mandatory sells to outside customers an MLM can easily become a Pyramid Scheme. Without any inside knowledge of proportions of DCD’s sales, no-one can confidently say it is legit or has crossed the line into becoming a scheme unless your have the numbers.
If you have a sweet tooth and love chocolate, it is worth considering. You can learn how to create your own website for free to promote products without bothering you loved ones.
Share your opinion and experience with Doves Chocolate Discoveries? l have done my part.
“AvertScams is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.avertscams.com. This does not imply that my program reviews are biased, FTC guidelines calls for such disclosures”