In this review of Nature’s Sunshine, l am going to discuss about what the company is all about, the products and compensation plan. l will round off by examining if it is a scam or not.
l have created a table of contents below, so that you can jump to any section of your choice.
Nature’s Sunshine Review
- 1 Nature’s Sunshine Review
- 1.1 How Does Nature’s Sunshine Work?
- 1.2 Nature’s Sunshine Products Reviews.
- 1.3 Is Nature’s Sunshine Any Good?
- 1.4 What l Didn’t Like About NPS.
- 1.5 Nature’s Sunshine Products Independent Distributor.
- 1.6 Nature’s Sunshine Compensation Plan.
- 1.7 Training and Resources.
- 1.8 Nature’s Sunshine Review Scam or Legit?
- 1.9 Nature’s Sunshine Products Amazon.
NS is an MLM company based on the supply of nutritional and personal care products in more than 40 countries. it has more than 40 years in business and boast of being the pioneers in ‘encapsulating herbs’. The products are sold through a network of independent distributors who earn money through charging a mark up on products, recruiting new people and also benefit from discounts.
It boasts of more than 1000 different products including herbs.
This is one of the most transparent MLM companies l have reviewed. There is no hype or unsupported claims. It clearly states that you get what you put in.
How Does Nature’s Sunshine Work?
When you visit the website for the first time and you want to purchase products you are offered discounts if you become a member. You become a member if you purchase products above $40. As a member, you will benefit from discounts ranging from 10% to 15% depending on the volume purchased. You must purchase products around $130 for you to benefit from the membership.
Earning money is simplified because what you need is to use your membership to purchase discounted products which you can resale putting up a mark up that you want. The company really
simplified the application process and offers incentives from day one.
Nature’s Sunshine Products Reviews.
Reviewing all products by this company would be impractical and beyond the scope of this review. l will only pick on a few popular products. As usual, supplements are not rigorously tested by regulating authorities as medicament. Only the manufacture knows if they included the ingredients on the label.
Some of the popular products include;
The green matter in plant leaves which acts as a catalyst as plants manufacture food. Is taken as drops in water. There is no evidence on the efficacy of using chlorophyll as it is only ‘thought to assist.. ‘ There are more than six conditions that can be improved by taking chlorophyll ranging from blood cleansing to reduction in body odor. You may need to consult a medical health practitioner before such products.
Nature’s Sunshine Anxious-less
Reduces anxiety and stress by calming nerves. This is an example of claims that no scientific evidence can support. There is no consensus on what constitute anxiety or stress, causes and how the two can be objectively measured let alone be treated.
When it comes to supplements anyone can make any unsubstantiated claim. This is often supported with distributor’s ‘… it worked for me so it MUST work for you’ claims.
Surprisingly the research quoted in support of the use of Sceletium Tortuosum in reducing anxiety published by Pubmed concluded that ‘There were no apparent differences between the three treatments with regard to vital signs‘ . That is, there was NO scientifically significant differences among participants who took Sceletium Tortuosum supplements and the group taking a placebo (fake pill) or the group that did not take anything at all (control group).
The other experiments where done using ‘mice‘ and results can not be generalized to humans without replication using human participants. Counselling can be a better alternative to taking the so called anxiety or stress suppression supplements.
Includes Nature’s Sunshine lbs ii and they act as laxatives which cleanse bowels. Prolonged use is not recommended and consultation with health careers is recommended.
Other products include those for lymphatic drainage, food enzymes, breast enhancers and many others. They are arranged into categories, according to indications and ingredients. Admittedly, most of the ingredients have been show to be effective in improving well-being such as Aloe Vera, Black, Walnut, Garlic and so forth.
l would personally take supplements if there are no known medicinal remedies for my condition. l will not take a supplement with no substantiated claims in place of a scientifically supported remedy?
Always remember advice given by Mayo Clinic when it comes to supplements;
‘Yet all herbs — including herbal supplement products labeled as “natural” — can have drug-like effects. Anything strong enough to produce a positive effect, such as lowered cholesterol or improved mood, is also strong enough to
Natural is NOT synonymous with safe. There are natural herbs which can kill or cause permanent damage to both internal and external organs.
Is Nature’s Sunshine Any Good?
- The company has got a variety of supplements than any other supplement based MLM l have reviewed.
- Provides free shipping for distributor’s products and they earn credits in the process.
- Sales aids are provided for effective marketing of products.
- Very low entry point, $40 USD per year which can be used towards the purchase of the distributor’s first package.
- Ability to purchase products at wholesale prices which unfortunately inflates the number of distributors when discount seeking customers are included. It also contributes to high distributor failure rates.
- They are upfront about what it takes to succeed ‘ To generate meaningful earnings as a Distributor requires a significant level of commitment, time, and effort’. This is different from the usual MLM hype promising freedom, a few hours of work, unlimited earning and other B/S.
- Information on average distributor income is clearly displayed on the compensation plan.
- Provides sales aids such as price stickers and cheap samples.
What l Didn’t Like About NPS.
- Distributors are free to put any markup on products that purchased at retail price which can cause a lot of price distortions and even consumers being reaped off by unethical distributors.
- The income disclosure indicate that 81.11% earned below $30/month and 0.07% earned above $30 000/month an indication that only those at the top are killing it.
- Inducing discount seeking customers to sign up as distributors often leads more products being sold to participants than outside customers which contributed to the demise of Vemma.
- Some of the product claims such as ‘lowering of anger’ can be difficult to support using empirical evidence.
- It puts too much emphasis on network marketing, which has got serious geographical limitations.
- The online NPS health assessment quiz can not be the best way to recommended supplements for problems that may require medication. Besides, more than 30 products where recommended to me after taking the quiz — which one should l choose?
- While having a variety of products is plausible, recommending the correct supplements for each deficiency can present a challenge for distributors.
- Does not provide much training on internet marketing.
Nature’s Sunshine Products Independent Distributor.
These are individuals who decide to join the company’s distributorship program. They make money though putting a mark-up on products purchased at the discounted wholesale prices. The recommended mark-up percentage is 33% but any distributor can choose their own levels. You can also earn money fro rebates and recruiting new distributors into your down-line, that is where the multi-level component comes in.
They can sell products from the comfort of their homes, open a retail shop or recommended products if they are in the medical field. Allowing distributors to sell products in retail shops is one of the unique marketing strategies by NSP when compared to similar companies that do not condone such practices.
Nature’s Sunshine Compensation Plan.
The compensation plan is split into two Legacy Membership for those who want to buy products cheap and recruit new members.
You will benefit from 33% discounts on products, 20% rebates and 40% bonus for direct referrals. You can read more about NSP’s legacy compensation plan from the PDF available on the website.
Classic Membership is for those who want to benefit from discounted prices and sell products through retailing. They will also provide advice to potential customers on the best supplements depending on their needs.
There are also car bonuses, sponsored training and holiday packages.
Training and Resources.
IN.FORM Coach certificate – will cost you $549 to attend and get the certificate after attending the training.
Training online – there is a similar certification program online, going for $399.
You are provided with food journals and training manuals.
Nature’s Sunshine Review Scam or Legit?
l think this is a legit MLM with a variety of products to support the opportunity. l am a bit worried with the legitimacy of selling more than 50% of products to ‘distributors’ which include discount loving costumers. l hope it is headquartered in the Utah where sales to participants are counted as sales to customers. Allowing distributors to charge any amount for the products can lead to fleecing of customers. It can also lead to selling of products for low prices in-order to benefit from high product turn over.
However, on the other hand the company is transparent and does not give false promises on potential earnings. The products are well labeled although there is little or no scientific evidence to back up claims. The only challenge is knowing if what is on the label is indeed included in the supplements in useful quantities. You need to consult with medical practitioners before gobbling some of the supplements especially if your are pregnant or breast feeding.
Nature’s Sunshine Products Amazon.
I really think it is unfair for any product based MLM to intentionally sell its products through online retail shops such as Amazon. This creates unfair competition as we know people are likely to buy such products from such reputable companies. However, from the information gathered inside Amazon it seems as if the products are supplied by different distributors rather than the company itself.
For instance, NSP allows its distributors to put any mark up on their products although 33% is the recommended price. Now, imagine purchasing nature’s sunshine liquid chlorophyll from a distributor with 50% markup the realizing that the product is available on Amazon for a lesser price. Either, the customer will ask for a refund or call you an out right scammer. It will be equally difficult to convince any customer why they should pay more for the same product.
Below are some of the products and prices for comparative purposes.
Share your opinion or experience with NSP in the commentary box below? l have initiated the dialogue.
“AvertScams is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.avertscams.com. This does not imply that my program reviews are biased, FTC guidelines calls for such disclosures”