Legitimate data entry jobs from home are difficult to come by. Most of the data entry jobs online are scams. They tell you to pay for training, software or tools, yet there will be no any meaningful jobs available.
Before l learned a better way to make passive income online, l joined one of the free freelance companies called Elance. The website had many data entry jobs from home, no experience was required, though it is an added advantage.
After some weeks of relentlessly applying for jobs, l finally landed my first job. My job involved, searching for companies that make eco-friendly products using terms such as re-purposed, hand made, chemical free, up-cycled and so forth.
l would visit such websites, extract e-mail addresses, name of contact person, category of products, location e.t.c. l would then populate the data onto a template on Google Docs online. My client could excess the information in real time.
Please not that Elance and Odesk (another freelance company) later joined together to form Upwork. Upwork still provides freelance data entry jobs from home without investment to date.
Data entry jobs from home without investment.
For starters, freelance jobs involve clients posting jobs and you responding with proposals if the job suits your skills. The client hires freelancers they deem suitable and they pay them once the job has been completed.
The freelance company then deducts a commission from your earnings. So there is no need to pay any money to join such a company. Some companies offer online data entry jobs from home without registration fee yet once inside, they are riddled with up-sells, and unending offers for irrelevant products.
If you want to try your lucky, go ahead and create your free account at Upwork, complete your profile and select the online data entry jobs from home category. Please read the terms and conditions, tips on how to set a great profile and how to apply for jobs.
What are the pros and cons of data entry jobs online?
- You can do work from home data entry jobs in Canada, New Zealand, Malysia, Pune etc or any where else in the world.
- They are free to join and can be a good entry point into the internet world.
- You gain experience of how to hire freelancers which is a great asset when you start your own business.
- Payments for hourly jobs is guaranteed and often fixed jobs are also paid for on time.
- If you possess advanced computer skills you can get fairly paying Jobs.
- With due diligence, you can get real data entry jobs from home without investment.
- You can get data entry jobs from home daily payments.
- It is a way of creating wealth for others.
- Jobs are often underpaid due excessive competition and differences in cost of living in different countries.
- It relies on Paypal which is not available in other countries.
- Disputes may arise when the client is not satisfied or fakes dissatisfaction with the job outcomes.
- Both you and the client will pay a Elance (Upwork) in case you want arbitration of your case.
- Data entry jobs can be monotonous to carry out (got a blisters on fingers).
- Most clients post unclear job descriptions leading to an influx of unqualified applications.
- There are individuals who bid for jobs using company names and after winning the contract they outsource the job to other freelancers at half the price they are paid.
- There is no mechanism to screen genuine jobs from scams for example clients may request for private information from freelancers as part of the job.
- There is no moderation of client ratings leading to freelancers being abused so that they may get favourable ratings.
- There is no guaranteed or consistent income. You can go forever without landing a job.
- Bids are limited if you are on Free membership and you will have to pay a premium to get upgraded and bet for more jobs.
- Writing specific job proposals can be time consuming while generic proposals are frowned upon by clients.
- There have been reports of spammers, scammers and internet hackers who can install malware on your computer by telling you to download software needed to complete the job.
- 8% is deducted on every paid job.
- There are no fixed prices leading to clients re-advertising same jobs at reduced prices.
- Clients do not give freelancers feedback especially when they do not hire you which wastes a lot of time.
Data entry jobs from home that are not scams.
Yes, once inside UpWorth you can still fall for data entry jobs which are scams. While l haven’t used Upwork since it was formed, l hope these tips will apply.
- Only submit applications for jobs with guaranteed payments (hourly jobs).
- Send the client a sample of work and get confirmation in writing that everything is perfect.
- Never accept to be taken off the Upwork platform by a client because there will be no protection or recourse if you are duped.
- Make sure the client has funded Upwork account before you surrender all the work.
- Never accept too good to be true offers . The client won’t pay the money so can offer any amount.
- Be wary of freelancers who are into arbitrage – they bid for a $10 per hour job then re-advertise it for $5 per hour then pocket the difference. Some of the jobs are then advertised outside Upwork on Craig list.
- Create your own free website to promote and show case your skills. This post is also visited by clients searching for freelancers who can do data entry from home and l could have easily offered them my services.
So how much can you earn with data entry jobs online?
It all depends on the offer, competition and experience. l was earning $0.20 per completed Excel row at the end of each month. So, l would earn $200 when l generated 1, 000 leads… Duh!
You can only buy a public transport ticket here is Stockholm and the remaining amount will not last you a week. During months that l traveled, l could get as little as $20 …. No work : NO pay!
You are reading this post because l later decided to create my own businesses (websites). l noticed that l was only paid for the information entered on the spreadsheet even when l had visited more than 10 000 websites in that month.
So if you want data entry jobs from home; legit, no joining fee or investment Upwork is for you. There will be offers to upgrade your membership to increase number of bids and to excess training …. it is optional.
As for me, l prefer making money even when l am asleep, travelling or on holiday when people visit my niche websites. l only write articles on Avert Scams.com otherwise, my niche website content is written by freelance English English speakers.
l even created a website in Spanish even if l do not speak the language ….. lol. With data entry jobs online or offline you need to be working continuously to make money.
Visit my WA profile and leave a message if you want me to help you get started with affiliate marketing for FREE.
Help others by suggesting other websites offering data entry jobs from home without registration fee requirements. Do not forget to share your Upwork user name and skills below in case there are prospective clients. It is however NOT an endorsement of your said skills.